More Fun With MySQL and Images

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 10:42:39 EDT 2008

Hi again:
Here is my code, an edit of Gabriel´s:

#!/usr/local/bin/python
import cgitb; cgitb.enable()
import MySQLdb
def test():
  host = 'host'
  db = 'db'
  user = 'user'
  passwd = 'pass'
  db = MySQLdb.connect(host=host, user=user, passwd=passwd, db=db)
  cursor= db.cursor()
  cursor.execute('select pic1 from products where id="2";')
  content = cursor.fetchall()[0][0].tostring()
  f = open("somefile.jpg", "w")
  f.write(content)
  f.close()
  print 'Content-Type: image/jpeg\r\nContent-Length: %d\n' % len(content)
  print '<html><body>\n'
  print content
  print '</body><html>\n'
  cursor.close()

test()
Now, when I surf to the url of this script, it prints out garbage that is a
literal of the image, but not the image itself. However, if I surf to
¨somefile.jpg¨, I see the image!! Am I losing my mind?? What´s wrong here?
TIA,
Victor