win-shortcuts, file associates and command-line parameters ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:03:28 EDT 2008

hello,

under windows I tried to make a shortcut to a py -file, to run a program.
So making a shortcut like this works perfect:
  D:\PyLab_Works.py

But the problem is that I need to give some commandline parameters to
the py-file,
and

  D:\PyLab_Works.py   btc_test
But the parameter doesn't seem to arrive in the python program

If I start with the python interpreter, the parameters do arrive at the
program
  P:\pythonw.exe   D:\PyLab_Works.py   btc_test
Although this method works,
it makes the creation of shortcuts difficult (the paths are in real much
longer).

Is there a way to pass the commandline parameters correctly,
without explicitly specifying the python interpreter ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki