Using python to create windows apps that everyone can use?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:55:25 EDT 2007

On Sep 20, 10:08 am, "exhuma.twn" <exh... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 9:46 pm, Simon Hibbs <simon.hi... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >  On 9/18/07, Thomas Harding <tomhard... at inbox.com> wrote:
>
> >  > Hi guys, sorry to post another topic on this, as I am aware that it
> > has
> >  > already been posted a few times, but not with specifically what I
> > am looking
> >  > for. I want an app that makes a gui interface for python (similar
> >  > Microsoft visual studio or qt designer, not a code based one) and/
> > or an app
> >  > that can make this into a .exe that can be opened by any person on
> > any
> >  > computer without python installed.
>
> > For windows only, there's always Iron Python. This allows you to use
> > Visual Studio, the commercial or the express version, to create the
> > GUI in VB or C# and from that call Python code that does all the heavy
> > lifting.
>
> Any pointers to that. I might have to get started soon with Visual
> Studio, as our company *might* move to an all-windows development
> environment.... *sigh*

For an example of a *great* looking application written in IronPython,
checkout Resolver:

http://www.resolversystems.com

:-)

We create our dialogs with the Visual Studio designer (using the free
Visual Studio Express) and then subclass them in IronPython to
implement behaviour. For Windows development, Windows Forms is a great
GUI library.

For a reference to IronPython you could checkouit "IronPython in
Action": http://www.manning.com/foord

:-)

Michael Foord
http://www.ironpython.info/