platform system may be Windows or Microsoft since Vista

p.lavarre at ieee.org p.lavarre at ieee.org
Fri Sep 7 11:36:09 EDT 2007

> > Log a bug @ bugs.python.org
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue1082
> TITLE ... platform system may be Windows or Microsoft since Vista

Six days gone with no feedback. Something wrong with the input?

Maybe the blank Priority field?

I agree Severity Major.

I'm thinking no priority because there is no fixing this. We now
choose between two wrong ways to change the Python Msi installer of
Windows:

1. Hide that many people now and for months or years to come will
continue to need both halves of the (platform.system() in ('Windows',
'Microsoft') guard.

2. Leave unchanged to require many more people to need both halves in
future.

I find neither choice inspiring.