How do I get triangles from a vtkPolyData object?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Sep 4 12:30:48 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-04, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> On 2007-09-03, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
>
> Is there _any_ documentation for the Python bindings to the vtk
> library?   I'm still beating my head against a wall trying to
> figure out how to get the actual data out of vtk objects when
> Python doesn't make visible the required "Get" methods....

I found a way to get at the object's "raw data" (a raw list of
floats) and parse out the cell/polygon information, but it's
bafflingly lame that Python doesn't make the normal "Get"
methods available so that one can actually retrieve the
individual cell elements of the vtkCellArray object.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! All right, you
                                  at               degenerates!  I want