Tkinter / Tk 8.5

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Thu Sep 27 10:20:15 EDT 2007

Michal Bozon wrote:
> Today has been released a first beta of Tk 8.5, including a Ttk
> (tile) style engine, which makes possible the native look
> of widgets on MS
> platform, without having to install any extension.
>
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/11075
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=1190813039.46fa5d6f6a06b%40webmail.nist.gov
>
> Is there a chance it will be included in 2.5.x, 2.6 or 3.0 ?
>
>  -m.

Did you know that a wrapper for use with Tk 8.4.x is located here?

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/TileWrapper

This does require a separate installation of the Tile libraries, but
those can be obtained from ActiveState.

I use this wrapper myself on OS X with a commercial application I
develop, and Tile makes a big difference.

(I maintain and update this wrapper at the wiki, but am not the original
author.)

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer