How to do python and RESTful

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Sep 6 07:36:41 EDT 2007

MarkyMarc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to make a web service application in python and keywords are
> RESTful, python and nice urls(urls mapped to python objects).
>
> I don't want a big framework but a nice small one, that can just do
> the things I want.

Translation: I am only interested in a solution that has anticipated my
needs almost exactly. [?]

> I have be looking at quixote, but is this uptodate? "plain"
> mod_python, can this make url to http put,get,delete and post?

Would you care to explain why quixote needs to be "uptodate"? Surely it
either does what you want or it doesn't? If it dies, then it hardly
matters how "up to date" it is. Are you also concerned that some parts
of Python remains unchanged since before 1.5.2, now almost tne years old?

> Can some one here point me some where I can read about python and
> RESTful or have some experiences with other?
>
> Any help is apricieted.

I hope you don't regard this as being unhelpful. I would encourage you
to focus on finding a system that meets your (functionality)
requirements. If you want "up to date" then C# is that way ---> ;-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119