I don't undestand why sometime python (or other) add "tmpWvk7zy" (tmp + random string) after "buildout-eggs" in path of python script

KLEIN Stephane stephane at harobed.org
Mon Sep 24 16:47:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

first, I think that my question is generalist and don't impact only
zopeproject and/or Paste package.

Instance, when I trace (debug) some scripts, its name is "/home/harobed/
buildout-eggs/tmpWvk7zy/PasteScript-1.3.6-py2.5.egg/paste/script/
serve.py" instead of "/home/harobed/buildout-eggs/PasteScript-1.3.6-
py2.5.egg/paste/script/serve.py". I don't understand why and who append
"tmpWvk7zy" after "buildout-eggs".

I don't know if it's related with python thread support.

This trouble is very not useful to debug because pdb can't load source
code for its path is not found.

Thanks for your help.
Stephane