newbie: self.member syntax seems /really/ annoying

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 18 19:15:47 EDT 2007

"Colin J. Williams" <cjw at sympatico.ca> writes:

> .rect.width = .foo(.rect.x + .rect.y) * .boo()
>
> Does this preceding "." create parsing problems?

Perhaps not for the computer, but certainly for the human. A leading
"." is far too easy to miss when visually scanning the code, and fails
the "explicit" principle.

--
 \        "I have the simplest tastes.  I am always satisfied with the |
  `\                                            best."  -- Oscar Wilde |