Enum class with ToString functionality

Tue Sep 11 18:27:02 EDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:03:11 -0700, TheFlyingDutchman wrote:

>> I'd like to know if the Cheeseshop package 'enum' is useful to you. Any
>> constructive feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>>     <URL:http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/enum/>
>
> Looking at the documentation it looks excellent. But I don't understand
> the 0.4.2 version number, particularly when you refer to it as robust.

Perhaps Ben should have followed the usual practice of commercial, closed-
source software developers and started counting his version numbers at
one instead of zero, miss a few releases, use randomly large increments
occasionally, and ended up with a current version number of 2.7.1 for the
exact same level of functionality.

Or he could have called it "Enum XP" (for "eXtra Programming" perhaps) or
"Enum 2007". The next minor release could be "Enum 2008", and the next
major update could be called "Enum Professional Capowie!!!".

--
Steven.