strange behavious of the logging module?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 08:38:35 EDT 2007

On 25 Sep, 09:40, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
> You could try setting
>
> logging._srcfile =logging.info.func_code.co_filename
>
> manually, but that might break other things. Or you recreate the pyc-files
> of your distribution. Again, I don't know what might break...

Recreating .pyc files should not break anything - this will get done
automatically, so deleting the .pyc and/or .pyo files in the Python/
Lib directory tree should be sufficient. See the issues linked to by

http://bugs.python.org/msg24988

In these cases, deleting the .pyc/.pyo files solved the problem.

Best regards,

Vinay