the address of list.append and list.append.__doc__

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Wed Sep 26 03:54:51 EDT 2007

HYRY a écrit :
>> No. a.append is a "bound method" - a method that already has an
>> associated instance, that will be provided as the first argument to the
>> method call. Bound methods are created "on the fly".
>>

> Does this means there is no method to get the original methods from
> the Bound methods created "on the fly"?

There's no such thing as an "original method" - what's stored as an
attribute of the class is a plain function. FWIW, you can get at this
function quite easily - via the im_func attribute of the method.

Now what I wonder is what you want to do with the internal identifier of
a function or method ? (please not that the use of the memory address as
an id is purely an implementation detail of CPython).