Python and SSL

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Sep 29 02:56:08 EDT 2007

>>> But how can I tell my Python program to trust my SSL certificate?
>> Why do you want to tell it that? The SSL module will trust *any*
>> server certificate, no need to tell it explicitly which ones to
>> trust.
>
> Er, the whole idea of SSL is that you don't trust the connection.

Please try to understand that OP's question. He got some error,
and for some reason, he concluded that he needs to tell Python
to trust the server certificate (most likely to make the error
go away). I told him that he is likely wrong, and that Python already
trusts his server certificate. I was not proposing any judgment on
whether that's a good thing or not. In fact, I have no idea whether
security was of any concern to the OP.

Regards,
Martin