adodb with mysql - connection string syntax for filepath

Mridula Ramesh mridula.ccpl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:23:35 EDT 2007

Hi. Firstly, thank you both very much for the response!

Cliff, I did some more reading up about it after  you corrected me re MySQL
not being a _language_  but another means of storing data (would you believe
NONE of the connection tutorials actually said that?!) Anyway, now I have
MySQL on my machine, and it's installed - if I say "import MySQLdb" in
python prompt, it does that, but I can't see any exe in the program's folder
itself: does that mean tables can only be created by code? *puzzled*

Steve, thank you too, I looked up the link you had given, but I do not yet
know which part of that site may help me... And I am now going to struggle
with Dive Into Python before attempting much else!

This is a nice, helpful mailing group!

Thanks again.

--

CONSUL CONSOLIDATED PVT LTD.