Inserting an element into existing xml file

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Sep 26 03:24:09 EDT 2007

Anand wrote:

> I'm Afraid to say, I can't use lxml or elementTree as it requires many
> legal approvals and there is high chances of not getting it through.
> So Do you have any other method / idea just by using plain 2.4 to
> accomplish the task

Are you allowed to use code samples you found on the net?

     http://svn.effbot.org/public/elementtree/

(if not, are you even allowed to ask for help? ;-)

ElementTree (aka xml.etree) is pure Python, and you only need the
ElementTree.py module to do what you want, so I guess you could
always pretend you wrote it yourself...

</F>