the address of list.append and list.append.__doc__

HYRY ruoyu0088 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:22:37 EDT 2007

> No. a.append is a "bound method" - a method that already has an
> associated instance, that will be provided as the first argument to the
> method call. Bound methods are created "on the fly".

Does this means there is no method to get the original methods from
the Bound methods created "on the fly"?

I installed python 2.4.4 and tried id(list.append.__doc__) again, here
is the result, only id(list.append.__doc__) changes, this is strange,
and only happened in the command line. Because I am doing something
program that use this id in the command line. Can someone help me try
this on your PC, I want to know which is the problem: this version of
python, or my PC.

Python 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32
>>> id(list.__doc__)
11674984
>>> id(list.__doc__)