looking for ocbc example

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Sep 21 03:43:50 EDT 2007

Carl K wrote:
> It seems there are 2 odbc modules - pyOdbc and mxOdbc - anyone know the difference?

In short, pyodbc is open source; mxOdbc requires a commercial license.
pyodbc is a newcomer, but appears to work for everything I've thrown
at it (which is not much). mxOdbc has been around longer, and is sure
to be a more mature product. It may offer more features & functionality.

Unless you've got specific requirements (for example, commercial and/or
bleeding-edge support) I suggest you start with pyodbc. You should be
able to switch quite easily to mxODBC if that seems necessary later.

TJG