PIL DPI trouble

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Sep 14 00:53:03 EDT 2007

En Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:50:39 -0300, Gary Bloom <bloominator at hotmail.com>
escribi�:

> I notice that the PIL has trouble playing with the DPI of other programs
> and image standards: when I create a file with Paint Shop Pro or
> Photoshop, the PIL routines can't properly recognize the DPI.

Do you mean that PIL doesn't read the DPI attribute from the file, or
shows a different value than expected?

> And when I create an image file (via the save method) of PIL, setting
> the DPI, those same two programs can't read the DPI as set by them.  Is
> there a workaround for this?

Using which file format?
DPI is just an indication, a reference value. Changing it won't modify the
image size in pixels, quality or resolution. Maybe you could post some
sample code showing what you attempt to do.

--
Gabriel Genellina