why does Configparser change names to lowercase ?

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Fri Sep 14 16:38:05 EDT 2007

stef mientki wrote:
> hello,
>
> Why does  Configparser change names to lowercase ?

Because it is an annoying module and should be tossed for something
better? Try this instead (and never look back):

   http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html

> As Python is case sensitive (which btw I don't like at all ;-)
> but now when really need the casesensitivity,
> because it handles about names which should be recognized by human,
> it changes everything to lowercase ????

So you are saying the case sensitivity is a good thing--or maybe you are
still running Mac System 7 on your CSIIsi marveling at the wonders of HFS?

James