New to python

Stargaming stargaming at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 01:21:50 EDT 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:20:10 -0700, Googy wrote:

> I am new to python...
>
> The programming language i know well is C Can any one recommend me the
> good ebook for beginners. I have loads of ebooks but i am not able to
> decide which to start with which book. Also i am learning XML so later
> on i can switch to books on Python and XML but initially which book to
> read??
>
> Please help...

Generically, `A byte of Python`_ and `Dive into Python`_ are pretty
common. ABOP has a few comments for C programmers as well, AFAIK.

If you already got a few (e)books, you should perhaps just look through
all of them and then, sequentially, read them.

.. _A byte of Python: http://www.byteofpython.info/download/
.. _Dive into Python: http://www.diveintopython.org/