I want py2exe not to create library.zip

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Thu Sep 13 05:59:51 EDT 2007

> That is correct.  People want less files to distribute not more.  People
> complain on py2exe list that it doesn't create a single .EXE file.  Don't
> try to update the program via patching "pieces".  Wrap everything in a proper
> installer (I use and highly recommend Inno Setup).  It can handle version
> control, there is a plug-in for over-the-wire updates, etc.  Best way I know of
> to automate everything.

It would be the best way for Windows. My program must work on different
platforms: FreeBSD, Linux MS Windows and possibly Mac OS.

1. It would be too difficult to create an different auto updating method
for MS Windows.
2. My auto update method updates only the changed .py files. Hopefully I
will have many users. I do not want them to download a 10MB inno setup
file after a small change in a py file.

The skip_archive option is the best. Thank you so much!

   Laszlo