list index()

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Sep 1 02:32:29 EDT 2007

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:15:10 +0100, DaveM <asma61 at dsl.pipex.com>
>

>> No - but I would pronounce "lever" and "fever" the same way, if that helps.
>>
> 	<shudder> To me, those are different... I suppose you also add an
> extra "i" to aluminum <G>

No, he just spells it with two i's like sensible people do. Who would
ever want *three* I's in "aluminium" (which, by the way, you misspelled ;-)?

Such things are matters of practical significance to me, since I have
adopted a policy of using English spelling when in the UK and US
spelling when elsewhere. Since I am now pretty much full-time in the US,
I am finally having to come to terms with its crazy spelling.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119