Embedding a executable inside Python Script

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Sep 19 12:58:40 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-19, Shankarjee Krishnamoorthi <shankarjee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a exe made with py2exe for my Python routine. The issue
> I am running into is this. All the exes (mycode.exe and
> other_executable.exe) are placed in a Network drive(Say I:) so
> that people can access it.
>
> When the user calls this from a Local Drice(Say C:) The output is like this
> C:> I:\mycode.exe input_file other_executable_file.exe is not found.....

The problem is that 'other_executable.exe' isn't in a directory
that's on the current PATH.

> Is there any way where I can circumvent this. Thanks

Either set the PATH environment variable to include the
directory where other_executable.exe is located or specify the
complete path to other_executable.exe in your os.system() call.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I hope the
                                  at               ``Eurythmics'' practice