newbie: self.member syntax seems /really/ annoying

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Thu Sep 13 15:22:41 EDT 2007

Bjoern Schliessmann wrote:
>> No, but the point being made is that it would be better IN
>> THIS CASE.
>
> It wouldn't. IMHO, rewriting the code to two or three lines would be
> better.

Well I think Charles' Point about making the equations look like the
ones in the paper(s) is a pretty good one. That is a special case in
that the code becomes clearer when it conformes to the standards of the
domain it is referring to; it is not meant to be understood by itself
but rather in conjunction with documents that motivate it.

Or in short: Breaking it into n>1 lines would make it more readable but
would break the connection with the form given in the papers. (Yes, of
course you can refer to the eq. in a comment but believe me: if you're
used to seeing a certain (form of) equation, your mind will trip over
any variation. That is best avoided.)

... my 2 sents, anyway ...
/W