Tkinter

Eric Brunel see.signature at no.spam
Tue Sep 4 05:31:06 EDT 2007

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 07:12:00 +0200, vijayca <vijayeee at gmail.com> wrote:

> i tried to use python gui module Tkinter in solaris,aix,hpux.....
> while importing the module it  shows an error...
>
> import Tkinter
> error says that your python may not be configured for Tk()...
> how to get out of this...

Did you compile the Python interpreter yourself, or did it come in a sort
of package?

In the first case, you have to install tcl/tk yourself if it's not already
there, then tweak the build options for Python to make it use the tcl/tk
installation you've done. How to tweak these options depends on the Python
version you use, so please tell us what it is.

In the second case, Tkinter may be provided as a separate package, that
you also need to install.

And BTW, Wildemar's comment still holds: please copy/paste the exact
traceback you get if it doesn't work. I'm only guessing here...

HTH
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"