Using pseudonyms (was Re: Python 3K or Python 2.9?)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Sep 18 10:57:12 EDT 2007

In article <46ef893c$0$21882$426a34cc at news.free.fr>,
Bruno Desthuilliers  <bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
>Aahz a écrit :
>> In article <46ee2d9d$0$26213$426a74cc at news.free.fr>,
>> Bruno Desthuilliers  <bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> But what, given that I'm an AOL user still thinking it's kewl to hide
>>> behind a pseudo, what else would you expect ?
>>
>> What exactly is a "pseudo", pray tell?
>
>Sorry : a pseudonym (a nickname).

You apparently missed the thrust of my sarcasm.  You can't tell what is
or is not a pseudonym online.  For all I know, "Bruno Desthulliers" is a
pseudonym.  While I recognize that there is some social advantage to
linking consistent identifiers with people, I have I think understandable
irritation with people who insist that names follow certain patterns.

(For those joining only recently, my full legal name is "Aahz", which I
changed from my former name precisely because of attitudes like Bruno's.)

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.