PythonAlley.com

dkeeney dvkeeney at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:12:43 EDT 2007

The Python community would benefit from a moderated web-forum along
the lines of
perlmonks.org.

The Python community online now seems to have two major segments, the
c.l.p newsgroup (here),
and a large selection of blogs.  C.l.p is unmoderated and often
hostile.  The bloggers
self-moderate reasonably well (to my observation), but the blogs,
individually and
in aggregate, look 'read-only' to newbies, in that questions are not
welcomed.

A moderated forum that gives recognition to the experienced and
tolerance to newbies would be a good thing.

David