Coming from Perl

Amer Neely perl4hire at softouch.on.ca
Thu Sep 13 10:54:29 EDT 2007

Richie Hindle wrote:
> [Amer]
>> Can you or anyone see anything in the posted code that might be the
>> cause?
>
>> #!/usr/bin/python
>> import cgitb; cgitb.enable(display=0, logdir=".")
>> import sys
>> sys.stderr = sys.stdout
>> print "Content-Type: text/html"
>> print
>
> My guess would be that you don't have cgitb in your server environment, or
> that you have a bogus one.  Rearrange things like this:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
> print "Content-Type: text/html"
> print
> import sys
> sys.stderr = sys.stdout
> import cgitb; cgitb.enable(display=0, logdir=".")

Nope. Same error. Is cgitb not in the standard distribution? Is it
needed to print HTML?

On my home PC I changed the Apache error logging to 'debug' and got this
nugget:
[Thu Sep 13 04:16:03 2007] [error] [client 0.0.0.0] (OS 2)The system
cannot find the file specified.  : couldn't create child process:
720002: hello.py

I suspect it would be similar on my hosting server. Is this saying it
can't find hello.py or one of the modules?

--
Amer Neely
w: www.webmechanic.softouch.on.ca/