marshal bug?

Anurag anuraguniyal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 03:26:39 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply.

It seems problem is due to
"""
Any string in Python can be "interned" or not, the difference being
how/where the value is stored internally.  The marshal module includes
such information in its output.  What you are doing is probably
considered a misuse of the marshal module.  I'd suggest using the
pickle
(or cPickle) modules instead.
"""
as mentioned by Gary Herron

Now is there a easy way to by pass it (hack around it)
I tried various options but all fail e.g.
i= 123; marshal.dumps("%d"%123) != marshal.dumps("%d"%i)

So maybe I have to change all my code to use pickle, which also
consumes for memory per string.