Looking for Delaunay triangulation module...

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Sep 3 11:31:01 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-02, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Can anybody point me to a Delaunay triangulation module (for
>> Win32)?  I'm currently using http://flub.stuffwillmade.org/delny/
>> under Linux, but I have been unable to find a build for
>> Windows. I don't have the tools (or skills) to build libqhull
>> and Pythion extensions on Win32).
>>
>> I've also found the delaunay module in scipy's "sandbox".  I
>> could never get that module to work under Linux, and I can't
>> build it for Windows anyway.
>
> I'm working on it today. I'm going to break it out into a
> separate package. If you can remember what problems you had,
> I'd like to fix them. I'm clearing up a number of (really
> dumb) memory leaks.

I'm sorry I don't remember what the problems were. It was some
time ago (probably 14-16 months) when I was trying to use the
module. After spending a day or two on it, I switched to the
Delny module (which I had used in the past).

I do have Dlaunay triangulation working using VTK (which is
included in Enthought Python), but I haven't been able to
figure out how to extract the triangle list from the object
containing the resulting triangulation.  The object method that
people on the VTK mailing list tell me to call isn't available
in the Python binding.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. does your DRESSING
                                  at               ROOM have enough ASPARAGUS?