adodb with mysql - connection string syntax for filepath

Mridula Ramesh mridula.ccpl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:42:17 EDT 2007

Dear all,

Hi. I am not very tech-savvy so please pardon me if this is a stupid
question: so far I have been googling for about 4 days to find help for
this, so now I am desperate! :)

How do you use adodb with mysql to connect to a file that is on your
machine?

Also, could you please recommend to me a good resource to learn more about
classes and modules from? i don't understand half of the _init_ business
that many sites mention. (This *is* something even a newbie needs to learn,
right?)

Thank you!

M.R.S.