FCGI app reloading on every request

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Sep 4 06:22:20 EDT 2007

John Nagle wrote:

>     What's actually happening is that FCGI isn't running at all.
> My .fcgi file is being executed by Apache's CGI handler, and
> "fcgi.py" recognizes this, then reads the parameters as if
> a CGI program.  So it works just like a CGI program: one
> load per request.  Not sure why Apache is doing that yet.
> I'm looking at Apache configuration files now.

Are you running mod_fastcgi oder mod_fcgid?

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert in that. My web2ldap source
distribution contains two examples configuration files for each of the
modules above for FastCGI over Unix Domain Socket( see directory
<web2ldap-dir>/etc/httpd/, comments of sample-mod_fcgid.conf
misleading). web2ldap can also be deployed as (multi-threaded)
FastCGI-server.

Ciao, Michael.