Generating HTML

Evan Klitzke evan at yelp.com
Wed Sep 12 03:36:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 01:33 -0300, Sebastian Bassi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are people using these days to generate HTML? I still use
> HTMLgen, but I want to know if there are new options. I don't
> want/need a web-framework a la Zope, just want to produce valid HTML
> from Python.

It's not applicable for everything, but if you're planning on using
Python to generate web pages you should really be using Cheetah
templates. Very simple to use template system that is also very
powerful, and you don't need to use it in conjunction with a heavy web
application framework. See http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/

--
Evan Klitzke <evan at yelp.com>