[ANN] Metatest 0.1.0

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Sep 18 19:18:20 EDT 2007

Jonathan Fine <jfine at pytex.org> writes:

> Here's how to write some tests using Metatest. We can think of the
> tests as an executable specification.
>
>     from metatest.py.mymod import plus, Point
>
>     # Function plus adds two numbers.
>     plus(2, 2) == 4
>     plus(2, '', _ex=TypeError)

This second example seems counterintuitive. Is '_ex' part of the
public interface? If so, why does it follow the convention for "not
part of the public interface" (i.e. it is named with an underscore)?

--
 \           "An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind."  -- |
  `\                                                    Mahatma Gandhi |