list index()

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 3 19:55:42 EDT 2007

Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe.de> writes:

> * Ben Finney (Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:02:15 +1000)
> > Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> writes:
> > > What's with using your brain instead of whining ?
> >
> > Now now, no need for snappiness.
>
> Actually there was. The OP's claim [...] ...is just plain nonsense.

Which was pointed out in several ways without snapping. Hence the part
of my response you omitted.

Ben Finney wrote:

> If you don't feel a constructive response is merited, please ignore.

There's no need to fuel flames with content-free flaming, and Bruno
agreed with that when it was pointed out. If one doesn't have the time
or inclination to post a constructive response, not responding at all
is better than flaming.

The Python community is remarkable for its low level of flaming and
high level of content in this forum, even in response to poor
attitudes and cluelessness. I'd like it to remain that way.

--
 \          "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate |
  `\          those who do. And for the people who like country music, |