[Tutor] Take if offline

Shawn Milochik Shawn at Milochik.com
Tue Sep 25 15:07:59 EDT 2007

Since everyone else is replying to the list, I'll (top) post this:

No, not really. He had to give everyone the rule once. Otherwise, he'd
have to do it a hundred times a day, and monitor every single post to
find out who he had to inform. He'd end up doing not much else with
his life, and would flee to a monastery and give up coding forever.
You wouldn't want that to happen, would you?

On 9/25/07, Michael Langford <mlangford.cs03 at gtalumni.org> wrote:
> I agree with Kent...
>
> --
> Michael Langford
> Phone: 404-386-0495
> Consulting: http://www.TierOneDesign.com/
> Entertaining:
> http://www.ThisIsYourCruiseDirectorSpeaking.com
>

> On 9/25/07, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> > Hansen, Mike wrote:
> > > Anytime someone posts in HTML, or posts without a subject, or
> > > accidentally
> > > hijacks a thread, or top-posts, or writes in caps, a couple of posters
> > > pop up
> > > and complain. Rather than posting to the entire list, I think it'd be
> > > best if
> > > you send your complaint directly to the "offending" user. I'd prefer to
> > > read
> > > about Python not read lessons in net/mail-list etiquette.
> >
> > Hmmm. So instead, whenever someone complains about netiquette on-list we
> > should post on-list complaining about it? I'm not sure that improves the
> > situation any, especially if it sparks a discussion. Perhaps you should
> > email your suggestion privately to the offending parties. :-)
> >
> > I definitely think this list is about how to be part of the Python
> > community, as well as how to program in Python. Knowing how to
> > participate in a mailing list is part of that. Maybe you could just skip
> > those posts, there are not that many of them.
> >
> > Kent

Please read:
http://milocast.com/2007/07/31/this-i-believe/