Does shuffle() produce uniform result ?

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Mon Sep 3 06:31:12 EDT 2007

On 2007-08-26, tooru honda <tooru_honda at fast-mail.org> wrote:
> By incorporating Alex's code, I got another performance boost of 20%.
> It is mostly due to Alex's more efficient implementation of block random
> than my own version.

If I understand correctly that you are using urandom as a random
generator I wouldn't trust too much on this performance. Urandom
uses the systemwide entropy-pool. If other programs need this pool
too, your performance can drop spectaculary. If you are using a linux
machine just try to execute "od -x /dev/random" at the same time
as your program.

--
Antoon Pardon