your opinion on book "Foundations of Python Network Programming"?

sean tierney sean.pythonlist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:38:40 EDT 2007

I just read it (though I bought it half a year ago...don't judge :).

Author recommends Python 2.3 and above...and as far as I know the
examples are good.  And if anything IS outdated -- you'll be able to
do some quick research to get you to where you need to be...and he
does mention code several areas of change/addition/modification. (ie
urllib and urllib2).  He uses a couple of 3rd party projects too.

I really liked the book.  I think Goerzen did a good job.  He
addresses the code in the context of the problem the code is meant to
solve, which I found helpful.  That said, it's not a substitute for
actually reading the code.

...if you haven't read the most recent edition of Programming Python
by Mark Lutz (O'Reilly), I'd recommend that first.  Programming Python
covers (some) networking and everything else.  More bang for the $$.

Sean