why should I learn python

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 6 18:42:53 EDT 2007

Hallöchen!

windandwaves writes:

> On Sep 7, 9:50 am, James Stroud <jstr... at mbi.ucla.edu> wrote:
>> Seewww.python.org. Trust us all when we say that its the best.
>>

> I get that feeling - yes.  Question is:
>
> 1. what is it good for?
> 2. why is it so good?

Your questions are very general.  I think it is best to do some
Internet research on it instead of asking in newsgroups.  Newsgroups
or web forums become interesting when you have more specific
questions.

When I chose my new favourite language 2.5 years ago, I also used
Goggle for it.  There is a lot of material about Python out there.
You may start on Wikipedia, and you may look for "Python
v. another-language" pages.  They are often very informative.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: bronger at jabber.org
                      (See http://ime.webhop.org for ICQ, MSN, etc.)