Looping through File Question

vijayca vijayeee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:15:44 EDT 2007

On Sep 5, 3:58 pm, planetmatt <planetm... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a Python beginner.  I am trying to loop through a CSV file which
> I can do.  What I want to change though is for the loop to start at
> row 2 in the file thus excluding column headers.
>
> At present I am using this statement to initiate a loop though the
> records:
>
> for line in f.readlines():
>
> How do I start this at row 2?

just use readline() method...this will move the file pointer to the
next line....
example:
fd=open("/tmp.txt","r")
fd.readline()                ##THIS MOVES THE FILE POINTER TO THE
SECOND LINE

now carry on with...
for line in f.readlines():   #THIS WILL BEGIN WITH THE SECOND ROW AS
THE FILE POINTER IS IN 2NDLINE