(wxPython) wx.ProgressDialog - how to cancel out of?

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 19:25:10 EDT 2007

Terry Carroll wrote:

> 2) The variable "skip: set to False on the first iteration, and then
> set to True on subsequent iterations?  Note that this happens even if
> no buttons are selected.  This is just a weirdness to me, and not my
> main concern, but I thought I'd mention it in case it's relevant.

The docs say:

wx.PD_CAN_SKIP
This flag tells the dialog that it should have a "Skip" button which
the user may press. If this happens, the next call to Update() will
return True in the second component of its return value.

What I'm seeing is: the second item in the tuple returned by Update()
is False if the skip button wasn't clicked and it's True for one
return value when the skip button was clicked, then the value reverts
back to False when Update() returns the next time.