python variable assignement

mihai Mihai.Grecu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 08:12:24 EDT 2007

This is the code:

begin = select_point()
if begin == None:
        return

end = select_point()
while end != None:
        record = Record(begin, end)
        id = add(record)
        begin = end
        end = select_point()
        # here (sometimes) begin has the same value (or points to the
same object) like end, the newly selected one

Is there a way to see if the names points to the same variables or
that there are different variables with the same values?

The problem is that the problem is more like an bug,
it happens only in certain conditions, and I have no idea why.

I have checked the values returned by select_point() and are different
in all the cases,
so the problem is with that variables names/values.

Thank you again,
Mihai.