Delete spaces

koutoo at hotmail.com koutoo at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:43:54 EDT 2007

If I have a text file that is delimited by spaces, how do I import it
and get to comma delimited?  Here is a row of data from the text file:

1    1    10:55:14  2    65   8.5
1.4+1.1                       2.5       Class-2   0

I tried a few examples from the group and it didn't work, since the
file also has a header row and a row of seperators ( -------).  The
lengths of each row is something like 130, so there are extra spaces
after the last value as well.  I have tried joining and other things,
but I couldn't figure out how to get the values to come together.
Thanks.

Kou