M2Crypto 0.18 - new version, same old build bugs.

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Thu Sep 20 21:38:44 EDT 2007

Paul Boddie wrote:
> On 20 Sep, 22:12, John Nagle <na... at animats.com> wrote:
>
>>    That was for M2Crypto 0.17.
>>
>>    It's still broken in M2Crypto 0.18.
>>
>>    And there's no RPM or Windows binary.
>>
>>    Nobody actually uses this stuff, do they?
>

> I can find Ubuntu packages for 0.16 and 0.17:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/libs/python-m2crypto
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/libs/python-m2crypto
>
> So, clearly some people are managing to build the library, even if it
> isn't the absolute latest version. You might want to take a look at
> the source packages and the patches the distribution people apply,
> although it doesn't look like they are actually doing much patching.
> The source packages suggest that they use SWIG 1.3.24 to build
> M2Crypto - is that what you're using?
>
> Paul

    I have builds of 0.17 of M2Crypto for both Linux and Windows. I want
the new bug fixes. The 0.17 version mishandles SSL certs that specify
more than one domain name, and that's supposedly fixed in 0.18.  But
there are enough changes that just copying over the relevant file
(Checker.py) isn't sufficient.

				John Nagle