list index() (OT)

Ricardo Aráoz ricaraoz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 09:33:42 EDT 2007

Steve Holden wrote:
> Ricardo Aráoz wrote:
>> Paddy wrote:

>>> No difference. A troll is a troll is a troll.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> - Paddy.
>>
>> BTW people , the word for what fishermen do is  T R A W L  and not troll
>> (Ha! and I'm not a native English speaker).
>
> Just read the whole thread, or use a dictionary: in fishing, trolling
> and trawling are two different things; the first is done with a net, the
> second with a line.
>
> regards
>   Steve

Damn Wikipedia! It always gets things upside down, specially when I
'read the whole thread' :

"Trolling for fish" is a form of angling where lines with hook-rigged
lures are dragged behind a boat to entice fish to bite. Compare the term
"Trawling for fish," which involves dragging a net behind a boat to
catch large numbers of fish.

;c)

(Don't mind me. Just trolling...)