I could use some help making this Python code run faster using only Python code.

Python Maniac raychorn at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 16:00:27 EDT 2007

On Sep 21, 11:39 pm, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <bj_... at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:25:20 -0700, Python Maniac wrote:
> > On Sep 21, 3:02 pm, "Matt McCredie" <mccre... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Isn't D compiled to machine code? I would expect it to win hands down.
> >> That is, unless it is horribly unoptimized.
>
> > Well D code is compiled into machine code that runs via a VM.
>
> About which D are we talking here?  Not digital mars' successor to C++,
> right!?
>
> Ciao,
>         Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Yes, Digital Mars D is what I was referring to and yes I know D is not
as efficient as C++.  If I knew of a good C++ compiler that is not
from Microsoft that works natively with Windows I would be happy to
consider using it but alas the only one I have found so far is from
Digital Mars.  Digital Mars D has nice integration with Python via pyd
and this is another plus, in my mind.