Google and Python

Paul Rubin http
Fri Sep 21 16:53:57 EDT 2007

David <wizzardx at gmail.com> writes:
> Another method is for the apps to run continuously and serve on non-80
> port (or on 80 from another host), and your main web server on port 80
> reverse proxies to it when appropriate.

You can also pass the open sockets around between processes instead of
reverse proxying, using the SCM_RIGHTS message on Unix domain sockets
under Linux, or some similar mechanism under other Unixes (no idea
about Windows).  Python does not currently support this but one of
these days I want to get around to writing a patch.