Nested For and While Statements

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 24 16:01:52 EDT 2007

On Sep 24, 2:28 pm, kou... at hotmail.com wrote:
> I start my code with some constants then a while statement.  But I
> have some For statements towards the end within the While statement
> where I start getting some errors.  I'm hoping I won't have to post my
> code, but it looks something like this:
>
> Import os, string
>
> while this:
>
>      All Code indented like it should
>
>      Last line in While.
>
>            For i in range(1)
>                 class = []
>                 class2 = []
>                 For i in range(2)
>                      Do this
>                      And this
>                      And that.
>
>                      Next Line hits snag here?  Where should this line
> be?

Why are the for loops further indented than the body of the while?  If
they are part of the while, "For i in range(1)" should line up with
"Last line in While."  If they are not part of the while, but come
after, then "For i in range(1)" should line up with "while this:".

Also, as James Stroud said, your for loop indexes are the same
variable.

-- Paul