What is a good way of having several versions of a python module installed in parallell?

Joel Hedlund joel.hedlund at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 18:11:13 EDT 2007

First of all, thanks for all the input - it's appreciated.

> Otherwise, three words:
>
>   test driven development

Do you also do this for all the little stuff, the small hacks you just
whip together to get a particular task done? My impression is that doing
proper unittests adds a lot of time to development, and I'm thinking
that this may be a low return investment for the small programs.

I try to aim for reusability and generalizability also in my smaller
hacks mainly as a safeguard. My reasoning here is that if I mess up
somehow, sooner or later I'll notice, and then I have a chance of making
realistic damage assessments. But even so, I must admit that I tend to
do quite little testing for these small projects... Maybe I should be
rethinking this?

Cheers!
/Joel