How to do python and RESTful

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Sep 6 07:58:10 EDT 2007

[MarkyMarc]
>> I have be looking at quixote, but is this uptodate? "plain"
>> mod_python, can this make url to http put,get,delete and post?

[Steve Holden]
> Would you care to explain why quixote needs to be "uptodate"? Surely it
> either does what you want or it doesn't? If it dies, then it hardly
> matters how "up to date" it is. Are you also concerned that some parts
> of Python remains unchanged since before 1.5.2, now almost tne years old?

FWIW, I have used Quixote on two (v. small-scale) production websites,
both started several years ago when there were fewer web toolkits in
the Python universe. Every so often I consider reworking one or other
of them into one of the newer (read: more recently noised about)
toolkits/frameworks. But they work fine as they are, so why bother?
As a matter of fact, one uses Quixote v1, the other uses v2 which
occasionally throws me when I'm doing some work on both at the same
time!

TJG